1) This is going to be a list letter. Brevity and organization are the key words for the day.
2) It seems as though I’ve spent a chunk of my life, waiting. Huddled in a threewheeler, watching rain form rivulets and drip slowly down the taurpalin; waiting on hold, a pop song filling in the space where conversation should be; in line at banks; waiting for visits to end.
3) Its only appropriate therefore that I should be typing this, hunched over my phone screen in a waiting room at 1 in the morning. After shifting uncomfortably for about 15 minutes, a comrade in waiting gave up trying to sleep, rubbed his eyes and asked me for something to read and so I handed over the only reading material I possessed. I’m not sure if Beckett is the ideal waiting companion for him though–Existentialism, insomnia and a bleak hospital waiting room sounds like a recipe for disaster. Or a script for a movie.
4) Cursory weather update from Delhi – winter is here like an unwelcome relative who shows no sign of leaving. She’s firmly deposited her bags and is clearly going to be staying for a while. It’s too cold to bust out my ear muffs but it’s cold enough to huddle under my blanket burrito at night, consume vast amounts of hot chocolate and dream of beaches.
5) On the plus side, lovely weather for wandering around during the day. All the exploring I had postponed during summer is begging to be done now (exams? What exams?) and I may or may not have unloaded a vat of pictures on twitter in a moment of unrestrained enthusiasm. Been chaperoning a few people around as well. I do love showing my version of this convoluted city. It gives me an excellent opportunity to unleash the dormant tourist within and take multiple pictures of my momos without people around me face-palming.
6) The drop in temperature is co-related to a spike in my food consumption levels. Months of healthy eating and junk food abstinence have been undone in minutes.
7) Goodbye (for now)